You can help yourself.
IN CYPRUS, NO LAW PREVENTS SELF-REPRESENTATION OR FROM “DOING IT YOURSELF” TO FILE IN COURT FOR NO CONTACT CIVIL PROTECTIONS.
OWAAT guides abused women to be empowered and place the law in their hands and
- know their human rights;
- become self-represented litigants;
- file for emergency no contact orders grounded on protections of their fundamental human rights of access to court, human dignity and privacy.
What is One Woman At A Time (OWAAT) - CYPRUS?
OWAAT means Cyprus has “Zero Tolerance” of Abuse Against Women.
OWAAT goals are aimed at empowering all abused women to prevent their violence by protecting their life and privacy. OWAAT objectives guide women how to place the law in their hands, become self-represented litigants, and obtain access to court for no contact civil protections against their abuser.
OWAAT encourages Cyprus courts to support OWAAT goals and objectives by adopting web-based “Self-help Forms” and instructions for self-represented litigants to print off, fill-in-the-blanks, e-sign and e-file in any Cyprus court with proper jurisdiction to grant civil equitable remedies, and as justice so requires.
OWAAT provides court web-links as model, modern court web-based management systems. Many EU Member-state courts and all U.S. courts websites share Self-Help forms and related links to court provided civil protection complaint and instructions to assist self-represented litigants.
OWAAT operated Complaint Clinics at the local level. Village of Kokkinotrimithia and Sisters of St. Joseph’s Convent, Old City, Nicosia, opened OWAAT Complaint Centers in October 2014. Community volunteers pool resources for their local OWAAT Complaint Center. Business leaders and professionals offer valuable time, expertise and specialized skills. Municipalities and nonprofits donate facilities and computer technology. Growing networks of OWAAT volunteers sustain Complaint Centers for abused women in their communities to learn how to assert their fundamental human rights in court, in their own voice.
OWAAT IS A Sustainable Community-Court Collaboration
"Every woman in Cyprus can free herself from abuse because their supportive local communities and courts have "Zero Tolerance" of Abuse."" - Patricia M. Martin, Esq., U.S. Fulbright Scholar – Cyprus, One Woman At A Time (OWAAT)
It takes a village to end abuse, One Woman At A Time.
Your Donation Is Why OWAAT achieves the following program objectives aimed at Zero Tolerance of Abuse Against Women in Cyprus:
- Promote opportunities for women to meet in safe places in their own communities to discuss their issues about abuse;
- Provide women with hands-on how to access court as a self-represented litigant training forms to learn how to self-represent and bring an expedited end to their cycle of abuse;
- Provide women with one-on-one guidance on how to self-help and place the law in their hands;
- Provide guidance to women in safe and familiar places where they live;
- Guide women on how to fill out a complaint and follow instructions to file for civil no contact protections request in their courts;
- Connect women with women to help each other become empowered as friends and neighbors, or other family members in need of legal protections to prevent abuse;
SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS
One Woman At A Time (OWAAT) – Cyprus is made possible by a U.S. Fulbright Scholarship Grant, 2014-2015.*
* One Woman At A Time (OWAAT) and the creators of this website acknowledge that theirs is not an official Department of State website or blog, or an official University of Nicosia website or blog, and that the views and information presented are their own and do not represent the Fulbright Program, CIES or the U.S. Department of State, or the University of Nicosia, Cyprus.
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA, ONE WOMAN AT A TIME PROJECT HOST INSTITUTION IN CYPRUS OWAAT is hosted by the University of Nicosia School Law Clinic Programme, Cyprus, with encouragement and support of the President of the Supreme Court of Cyprus and in the President of the Family Court, Nicosia, Judge George Serghides. Read More...
PATRICIA M. MARTIN ATTORNEY AT LAW PC COLORADO • NEW MEXICO • DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PO BOX 315 • DENVER, CO 80201 TEL 1.866.226.1196 • FAX 1.866.226.3349 EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
ALEXANDRA M. HADJIDAKI & TEAM
CTO & Project Manager for OWAAT Website & Branding Project - By Website & Branding team: Alexandra Hadjidaki, Ana Bujosevic and Daryna Dombik.
OWAAT Community Collaborators Network
Today, Cyprus volunteers offer OWAAT their valuable time, expertise and skills, information technology, offices and other pooled local resources for abused women to meet in a safe place to learn how to self-help, gain access to court, assert their fundamental human rights, and seek to end abuse by an immediate no contact court order.